STAX is a rapidly-growing Australian fintech which provides a platform for businesses to raise equity capital via FIAT (AUD) and cryptocurrency. We are also the first platform in Australia to offer cryptocurrency as method of payment for an Australian IPO capital raise.
Our Melbourne-based office is now looking for a new member to join the team and help support the Brokerage function.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Social Media Coordinator who will be responsible for managing our social channels to increase brand awareness, engagement and lead flow.
Reporting to the Marketing Director and based out of our offices in Melbourne CBD, you will help bring our brand to life, surpass our investor acquisition targets and expand our reach into new markets.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Creating and managing all social and blog content across STAX website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube – with help from creative team where required
- Briefing and project management of content freelancers
- Development of content calendars
- Ensuring all content is in line with STAX tone of voice and wider marketing calendar
- Community management and responding to questions/comments
- Participating in industry discussions on social media to build brand awareness and thought leadership
- Assisting in production of social campaign material (i.e. video/photo shoots) to promote STAX and our clients
- Influencer campaign management and implementation - from identification of talent, negotiation, liaising on content creation and then reporting on agreed KPIs
- Preparation of monthly and ad hoc reports for management with insights on social media performance and optimisation tactics
You are creative, original, and always striving to create content that is on brand, engaging and entertaining. You take feedback well, and are keen to learn and grow with the company. You wish to build on a pre-existing passion for technology, finance and cryptocurrency.
This is an entry-level role so we don’t expect you to be an expert yet – we will provide the tools and guidance for you to get there!
- 1+ year of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar digital marketing role
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with audience and persona research
- Familiarity with online design tools (like Canva)
- Ability to write short, punchy copy that maximises engagement
- Analytical mindset to derive insights from data and make recommendations to optimise your approach
- Enthusiasm for building your personal brand as a thought-leader in the startup/business/crypto space
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business or similar field
- Canva (or Adobe Creative Suite)
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Business Manager
You will be rewarded by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun and rewarding work environment where effort is acknowledged, and results are meaningful. This is an exciting and diverse opportunity to join a well-motivated, progressive and driven team.
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV and a cover letter that answers the following questions:
Send us a link to a social media campaign or account in the financial services industry (e.g. Fintech/Bank/Startup) that does a great job of engaging with their audience.
- What do you think makes it great? Why?
- If you were running their account, what would you try in order to make it better? Why?
Conversely, link to and tell us about a social account in the financial services industry that doesn’t quite hit the mark.
- How can you tell it isn’t working?
- What would you do differently?
If you'd prefer to email us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the role in the subject line – e.g. “Peggy Olson – Social Media Coordinator”.