STAX is a rapidly-growing Australian fintech which provides a platform for businesses to raise equity capital via FIAT (AUD) and cryptocurrency. We are also the first platform in Australia to offer cryptocurrency as method of payment for an Australian IPO capital raise.
Our Melbourne-based office is now looking for a new member to join the team and help support the Marketing function.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced frontend developer to take ownership of our frontend portal functionality. Reporting to the Marketing Director and based out of our offices in Melbourne CBD, you will ensure user experience on all STAX web touchpoints is always at the cutting edge.
What You’ll Be Doing
Using your in-depth knowledge of React or Vue, you will be responsible for developing and implementing frontend user interfaces and components for our investor-facing and administrative portals.
- Own the frontend functionality of our user/administrative portals and frontend website
- Maintain consistent communication with our offshore backend team and establish/optimise processes for best-practice cooperation between frontend and backend functions
- Provide guidance to management on development best practice/frameworks for our diverse requirements.
- Meet with the project team to discuss user interface requirements
- Review application requirements and interface designs produced by the design team
- Develop and implement highly-responsive user interface components
- Scope new features and provide accurate time estimates
- Monitor and improve front-end performance
- Document application changes and wider frontend codebase
- Ensure seamless linkage between frontend components and backend via RESTful API
- Assist the marketing team with maintenance of static, frontend website (Webflow) and implementation of analytics/event tracking in portal(s)
You have an Agile mindset, a natural curiosity for new scripting languages, frameworks and technologies and have high personal code/development standards(peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc).
You wish to build on a pre-existing passion for technology, finance and cryptocurrency.
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Frontend Developer.
- CSS frameworks such as SASS, LESS, Bootstrap and Material design
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and integrating with React/Vue applications
- Cloud deployment experience (AWS or Alibaba Cloud)
- Unit testing frameworks such as Jest or Enzyme
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with Version Control Tools (Git)
- Previous exposure working in a product-based environment
- Strong user experience (UX) best practices and interaction models
- Confident using Adobe XD/Figma to work with design assets
- Knowledge and experience in working with collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence or similar
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for pixel-perfect design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field.
- Experience in Fintech/banking industry is a bonus
You will be rewarded by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun and rewarding work environment where effort is acknowledged, and results are meaningful. This is an exciting and diverse opportunity to join a well-motivated, progressive and driven team.
If this sounds like you, then please send us your CV, a cover letter and a link to your GIT/professional portfolio.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email our HR department at email@example.com.