STAX is rapidly-growing Australian fintech and the first platform to offer cryptocurrency as a method of payment for an Australian IPO.
Our business has an ambitious roadmap which requires the right individuals to come onboard to grow together with the business.
Reporting to the Digital Assets Director and based out of our offices in Melbourne CBD, we are seeking a Brokerage Associate to assist with trading and day-to-day operations, research and analysis on cryptocurrency trends and opportunities, and liaison with clients.
The Perfect Candidate
You are an excellent operator who requires little supervision and is process-driven. You have an interest in the cryptocurrency market and the application of the technology to solve real world problems. Perhaps you are seeking a new challenge and want to venture into a nascent industry that is primed for growth.
You are able to take initiative and work autonomously in managing relationships and are able to think quickly on your feet. You always take the initiative to connect the dots and fill any knowledge gaps, and wish to build on a pre-existing passion for technology, finance or the perfect combination – Fintech.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, nor work in a vacuum on your own. If you can tick many of these boxes, but not all perfectly, that’s ok! You will be mentored by our friendly and experienced team.
We are seeking:
- An excellent communicator with proven interpersonal skills
- A positive and motivated self-starter with confidence in your ability to problem-solve
- The ability to work well under pressure within set deadlines
- Excellent project management & organisational skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to think outside the box, focused on solutions
- Confident working autonomously as well as part of a team
- Someone who is able to work within set compliance frameworks
- The ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment, with high levels of collaboration
- A professional, organised and calm approach to pressure
- Be a part of the digital currency brokerage team and process cryptocurrency transactions for clients
- Assist with the provision of cryptocurrency services when required during IPO and CSF capital raises
- Be actively engaged in promoting a compliance culture within the brokerage
- Promote the company’s services through addressing client objectives
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clientele
- Assist with client relationship management throughout the capital raising process
- Assist in the creation of new processes and procedures to scale the brokerage team and drive efficiencies
- Research and deliver information based on business requirements
- Regular networking and representing STAX with the highest professionalism and integrity
- 2–3 years’ experience in an accounting or finance role
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar field
- Proven track record of managing clients
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of internal and external parties
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional team environment
- Strong knowledge of risk management policies and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience in the capital raising sector
You will be rewarded by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun and rewarding work environment where effort is acknowledged and results are meaningful. At STAX, you can:
- Develop your relationships in the capital finance landscape
- Have a genuine opportunity to take ownership of your role
- Balance work and life requirements with flexible full-time hours
This is an exciting and diverse opportunity to join a well-motivated, progressive and driven team.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.