STAX is a rapidly-growing Australian fintech which provides a platform for businesses to raise equity capital via FIAT (AUD) and cryptocurrency. We are also the first platform in Australia to offer cryptocurrency as method of payment for an Australian IPO capital raise.
Our Melbourne-based office is now looking for a new member to join the team and help support the Brokerage function.
Reporting to the Digital Assets Director, the Brokerage Analyst will operate from our Melbourne CBD office and is able to work from home during COVID. The role will require the candidate to assist with trading and day to day operations of the brokerage, research and analysis on cryptocurrency trends and opportunities, and liaise with clients.
You are an excellent operator who requires little supervision and is process driven. You have an interest in the cryptocurrency market and the application of the technology to solve real world problems. Perhaps you are seeking a new challenge and want to venture into a nascent industry that is primed for growth.
You are able to take initiative and work autonomously in managing relationships and is able to think quickly on your feet. You always take the initiative to connect the dots and fill any knowledge gaps, and wish to build on a pre-existing passion for technology, finance or the perfect combination – Fintech.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, nor work in a vacuum on your own. If you can tick many of these boxes, but not all perfectly, that’s ok! You will be mentored by our friendly and experienced team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Be a part of the trading team and process cryptocurrency transactions for high net worth clients
- Assist with the provision of cryptocurrency services on IPO and CSF raises
- Be actively engaged in promoting a compliance culture within the brokerage
- Promote the company’s services through addressing client objectives
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clientele
- Assist with client relationship management throughout the capital raising process
- Assist in the creation of new processes and procedures to scale the brokerage team and drive efficiencies
- Research and deliver information based on business requirements
- A positive and motivated self-starter with confidence in your ability to problem-solve
- The ability to work well under pressure within set deadlines
- Excellent project management & organisational skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to think outside the box, focused on solutions.
- Confident working autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Someone who is able to work within set compliance frameworks.
- Someone with attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment, with high levels of collaboration
- Keen interest in financial and crypto markets
- A professional, organised and calm approach to pressure
- 2–3 years’ experience in an accounting or finance background
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar field
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of internal and external parties
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and branch environment
- Strong knowledge of risk management policies and procedures
- Proficient in Office based software, especially Excel
- Accounting or finance experience with a strong emphasis in working with numbers.
- Experience in the capital raising sector
You will be rewarded by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun and rewarding work environment where effort is acknowledged and results are meaningful. At STAX, you can:
- Develop your relationships in the fin-tech landscape
- Have a genuine opportunity to take ownership of your role
- Balance work and life requirements with flexible full-time hours
This is an exciting and diverse opportunity to join a well-motivated, progressive and driven team.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.